Search for missing crew underway in Persian Gulf

Bushehr, April 27, IRNA – Head of Security and Safeguarding of Bushehr port and aviation Ehsan Golestani said on Saturday that search operation for four crew of the sunken barge in the Persian Gulf waters underway.

Speaking to the Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA), he said it is now five days since the rescue teams started work to find the crew, they have not found any trace of the crews yet.

Search and rescue operation will be continued till obtaining information on the status of the missing crews, he said.

Last Tuesday, a shipping boat contacted the headquarters and claimed that a barge had been sunken in the Persian Gulf waters.

The search team rescued two crews, but due to stormy weather and massive waves they had to halt rescue operation in that time.

The barge had six people on board, but four of them fallen in the waters and are now missing, he said.

The sunken barge left Dubai for Nakh-Taghi port near oil platforms in the Persian Gulf, but sank due to stormy weather.

1430**2050

Follow us on Twitter@IrnaEnglish