Pakistan once again clarifies, not to join Yemen war

Islamabad, Feb 14, IRNA – Pakistan’s Foreign Minister has clarified that the country would not take part in Yemen war.

Shah Mahmood Qureshi talking to newsmen in Islamabad said there is no such commitment.

In response to a question about whether Pakistan had agreed to playing a larger role in the Yemen conflict, the foreign minister said he was telling everyone 'loud and clear' that there had been 'no such commitment'.

Earlier Pakistan’s former Defence Minister Khurram Dastgir had stated that Pakistan will not join Yemen conflict.

Pakistan parliament had passed a unanimous resolution in 2015 asking the government to maintain neutrality in the Yemen conflict and play a proactive diplomatic role to end the crisis.

The parliament passed the resolution after the Saudi government had approached Islamabad for Pakistani warplanes, warships and soldiers to assist in the conflict.

Meanwhile a delegation of Saudi-led military alliance, headed by Pakistan’s former army chief General (retd) Raheel Sharif, has visited Pakistan just before Saudi Crown Prince’s upcoming visit to Islamabad.

General (retd) Raheel Sharif during the visit met with Pakistan’s top civil and military leadership.

Saudi-led military alliance launched an all-out offensive against the impoverished Arab country Yemen in 2015 to bring back the fugitive President Mansur Hadi and has committed horrible crimes against the people of that country since then.

The Saudi-led coalition which has failed to gain its goals in Yemen war is now in a crisis and some of its members including Morocco have left it. Germany has also announced that it will not sell arms to Saudi Arabia to be used for killing Yemeni people.
272**1420
Follow us on Twitter @IrnaEnglish