Iran summons Dutch, Danish and British diplomats

Tehran, Sept 23, IRNA - Iranian Foreign Ministry summoned the ambassadors of the Netherlands and Denmark and British charge d'affaires over Saturday morning terror attack on a military parade in the southwestern Iranian city of Ahvaz.

The Dutch and Danish ambassadors and British charge d' affaires (who was summoned in the absence of the British ambassador) were informed of Iran's strong protests over their respective countries' hosting of some members of the terrorist group perpetrating the terrorist attack in Ahvaz, Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qasemi said.

Qasemi said that the Danish and Dutch ambassadors were told that the Islamic Republic of Iran had already warned their respective governments against the staying of these terrorists in those countries and called for their arrest and trial.

'It is not acceptable that the European Union does not blacklist members of these terrorist groups as long as they do not perpetrate a crime on the European soil,' Qasemi said.

He said the Dutch and Danish governments are expected to decisively condemn this act of terror and extradite the perpetrators and their accomplices to Iran to stand trial in an fairly manner.

The ambassadors expressed deep regret over the incident and promised to reflect all matters raised at the meeting to their respective governments. They also announced their countries' readiness for cooperation with Iran in identifying the perpetrators and exchange of information on their records, Qasemi said.

Qasemi also said that the British diplomat was told that in the opinion of the Islamic Republic of Iran it was not acceptable at all that the spokesman for the Al-Ahvazi terrorist group was allowed to claim responsibility of the attack through a London-based TV network.

While condemning the terror attack, the British diplomat said upon learning about the terrorist move, the British ambassador who is on a homecoming visit released a statement in condemnation of the terrorist attack and similar position was taken by the British foreign office officials.

He said terrorist moves taking place in any place should be taken seriously and dealt with accordingly because terrorism knows no boundary . He also said he would reflect the Iranian government's protest to London.

At least 25 people were killed and more than 60 others injured during Saturday morning terror attack in Ahvaz, capital of Khuzestan Province, in southwestern Iran.

“The terrorists disguised as the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) and Basiji (volunteer) forces opened fire at the authorities and people from behind the stand during the parade,' Governor of Khuzestan Gholam-Reza Shariati said earlier.

The self-proclaimed Saudi-affiliated Al-Ahwaz terrorist group claimed the responsibility for the attack.
1396**1396
Follow us on Twitter @IrnaEnglish