Death toll of Ahvaz terror attack mounts to 25, 60 injured

Ahvaz, Sept 22, IRNA – The terror attack in south western Iran has so far claimed the lives of 25 people and injured 60 more, the deputy governor of Khuzestan for political and social affairs said.

Speaking to the Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) on Saturday, Ali Hossein Hosseinzadeh said that due to critical conditions of the injured people the number of martyrs has increased.

All four terrorists were killed, he added.

Fortunately, other injured people are in satisfactory conditions, he noted.

“The terrorists disguised as the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) and Basiji (volunteer) forces opened fire at the authorities and people from behind the stand during the parade,' Governor of Khuzestan Gholam-Reza Shariati said earlier.

The self-proclaimed Saudi-affiliated Al-Ahwaz terrorist group claimed the responsibility for the attack.

9376**1396

Follow us on Twitter @IrnaEnglish