Iran rejects US wrestlers' presence in 2017 World Cup

Tehran, Feb 3, IRNA – Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman, Bahram Qasemi, said on Friday that presence of the US wrestling team in the 2017 World Cup in Kermanshah city of Iran has been rejected.

Speaking to IRNA, Qasemi reiterated that the case of the US wrestling team's presence in the event in Iran had been referred to a special committee, which opposed to presence of the team after necessary studies.

The 2017 Wrestling World Cup - Men's freestyle is expected to be held in Iran’s western province of Kermanshah on February (16-17).

He said due to the US new President Donald Trump's policies, the Foreign Ministry was obliged inevitably to oppose the US wrestling team's travel to Iran.

The US President, Donald Trump, recently signed an order based on which US borders will be closed for 4 months on refugees. Visa issuance has also been banned for 7 Muslim countries, including Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Libya, Syria, Somalia and Yemen for 3 months.

The US decision has widely been criticized by human rights bodies, indicating that Trump has targeted Muslims for their beliefs.
9191**1420